Wade joined Sigma in 1987 and became a general partner in 1990. He has been helping startup technology companies become valuable enterprises for more than twenty years. In that period, he has developed experience with a broad range of technology segments ranging from semiconductors to communications services to enterprise software. In 1993, he made the venture industry’s first investment in the Internet. In the course of his venture career, Wade has been through many of the events and decisions, both pleasant and unpleasant, that entrepreneurs must confront to be successful.
Wade has a background in electrical engineering and law. For four years prior to joining Sigma, he was in the technology and emerging companies departments of the Cooley Godward law firm.
Wade holds an undergraduate degree from Stanford University in electrical engineering, a law degree from Harvard Law School and an M.B.A. from the University of California Haas School of Business.
IPOs and Acquisitions
- 0-In Design Automation (Mentor Graphics)
- Broadware Technologies (Cisco)
- Celebrate Express (NASDAQ: BDAY)
- Dexterra (Antenna Software)
- Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS)
- EndWave (NASDAQ: ENWV)
- Harmonic Lightwaves (NASDAQ: HLIT)
- Logic Modeling Systems (Synopsys)
- Obsidian (Applied Materials)
- PSINet (NASDAQ: PSIX)
- Tylan General (NASDAQ: TYGN)
- Vermeer Technologies (Microsoft)
- Worldtalk (NASDAQ: WTLK)
- Zayante (Apple Computer)